Thursday, September 09, 2004

Biological mother - meant to be?

I tracked my birth mom down on the internet and I just e-mailed her. I'm kind of nervous but not really becuase I've done this before. About a year ago, I did the same thing, but she never e-mailed me back. But, through the search method I used, It said she had recently been widowed a year ago, so I'm thinking she was really upset or somthing and/or just didn't get online. Now, "the search method" is telling me that she has just started becoming more active online, so I thought I'd try my luck again.

This time I didn't send her a sob story, telling her how "thankful I am she didn't get an abortion (she was 16) and that she's done enough right there, so I don't want anything from her, just to talk" I figured I would try a different approcach. I was like "waz up girl!" no not really, but it was much less formal.

I often try to put myself in her place.. how would I feel, if I had a baby, at 16, in a time period where it wasn't exactly accepted, and give it up for adoption? Would I have tried to put it behind me 21 years later? or would I live with it everyday, and dread the day that baby knocked on my door? It's hard to say.

With some of my adopted mom's exceptional detective skills, we managed to track down her picture. I almost died. Never in my life.. HAVE I EVER seen someone who looked like me. It was like looking in a mirror, it was wierd, and scary, and I almost fainted.

So here I am now. and I don't NEED her to write me back. I will be just fine without her. I have a supportive family, and I like where I live and who I am (most of the time). So I don't need to hear from her, but it would be pretty cool. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan K. said...

speechless... it has been a dream of mine to find my biological mother as well... she's in korea somewhere (i'm assuming) and all i have is a name. i doubt i'll ever meet her but i'll always wonder if she thinks about me... what she looks like... how she's doing... i am grateful for my adoptive parents - THEY are my flesh and blood by default and i love them to death! ~nk~

September 13, 2004 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Sierra said...

Kim, It's great to meet someone in my shoes. Admitadly, I have always been curious about my real parents, mostly about my dad, becuase I know even less about him. at first, I thought it was meant to be, but now I'm not so sure. She's so close, but so far away. I can contact her, really, I could go to california and "spy" on her if I wanted to :) but she just doesn't want to be found. Just like you, I'm extremly thankful for the family I have, so it doesn't bother me so bad :) I hope you come back and see this! Sorry it took so long to reply, I always for get to check old posts.
thanks for reading.

September 17, 2004 at 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





aquarius fool